About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

So, I've been very fortunate to have been chosen to do a review of this book by the author herself, Heather Killough-Walden.  I've read every one of her books and have come to expect a certain flavor from her work.  Yes I said flavor.  I call my apple shampoo a yummy smelling flavor, but that's beside the point, I've had my first taste of "The Kings" series, and now my taste buds are itching for more.

"The Vampire King" is book one in her new series "The Kings".  An amazing spin-off from her best selling Big Bad Wolf series, HKW left nothing out.  Old characters returned, new enemies surfaced and as I expect in true HKW fashion, we have a sexy supernatural dude and a gorgeous damsel in distress.  I love the damsel in distress, and with Heather's words you can't help but feel like you should be part of that world, its a wonderful break from reality and a great gift from the author, that little daydream.

Evie is a normal girl.  Roman is the Vampire King.  Evie has drawn the attention of not 1, but 2 very powerful vampires.  One of them being Roman, the other being Charles, a disgruntal vampire hell bent on the ultimate revenge for the murder of a very dear and close friend.  In a ~ can't put it down cause I'm dying to see what happens next ~ game of cat and mouse, Roman must save Evie from the wrath of Charles or risk losing the only thing he's lived 3000 years to claim....  

Book 1 in "The Kings" is a great story, full of action and adventure, lust and magic.  Like I said, I've tasted this flavor, now give me the rest of the kool-aid;)

I cannot wait for the next chapter in "The Kings" series

No comments:

Post a Comment