About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Keegan's chronicles by Julia Crane

So its been awhile since I've added a recommendation.  I've got plenty to recommend, don't get me wrong, just haven't done it so here I go, giving you some eye candy :)

Keegan's chronicles is a really fun twist in the world of elves.  Usually I read about faeries, witches, vampires, and pretty much anything that is sci-fi/fantasy related.  This series was really no different.

First off Keegan is an elf.  And in this elf world, elf's are "chosen" for each other at birth.  Keegan is Rourk's chosen.  Your not supposed to meet your chosen or even know their name till your 18th birthday, but Keegan has a special little brother with the gift of being a seer. (you'll have to read about Thaddeus in his own little Novella not included in this trilogy) Thad has a vision of Keegan's death in an ongoing war between the light and dark elves and fears for her, so he tells her the name of her Chosen (he's psychic so of course he knows the guys name) in hopes that if she is ever in danger she can call out to Rourk and he will hear her call and save her.  This ends up working out in both ways good and bad.  She is constantly thinking of Rourk, wondering what he looks like, what he smells like, what his smile is like, everything.  The more she thinks of him, the more he hears her which in turn drives him to meet her prematurely.  Once Keegan's parents are aware of Thaddeus's intention and why, they allow Keegan and Rourk to meet early (she is 16) and they spend the weekend hiking with her parents and getting to know each other.  Then the war comes and both Keegan and Rourk are whisked away to Ireland (home of the elf apparently) where Rourk begins battle and Keegan provides medical help to the wounded.  Without giving to much away, Thad's vision comes to pass and the bond is broken between Rourk and Keegan and you have to read book 2 to see what happens next :)

In Book 2 the bond is still broken, Keegan has started dating Donald, her schoolmate/tiger shifting childhood friend and Rourk has joined the human army to give Keegan space to recover and hopefully get the bond back, now this book is full of info so I can't go into it to deep or you'll have spoilers out the nose.  Let's just say that Thaddeus and Keegan's witch friend Anna are working hard on getting the bond back between Keegan and Rourk.  We learn alot about Anna and her family history and Rourk makes a human friend and concentrates on keeping him alive to keep the pain of losing Keegan at bay.

This is where I leave you as far as the review for this trilogy.  I know I only left you with 2 books, but I can't give you a detail about book 3 without ruining the whole series, so all I can say is its a great series, I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved the ending.  Let me know what you think

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed it very much! It was my first time reading about elves so that was a blast in it itself. Totally worth the time to read this book series! :)

    ReplyDelete