About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Blood Lines: book 3 in the Witch Fairy series by Bonnie Lamer

Book 3 is a fantastic addition.  I was so excited when it came out.  This chapter in the Witch Fairy series has Xandra, Kallen, and grandma Iris traveling back into the Fey realm, where it is up to Xandra to convince her father, King Dagda, that peace between the realms is imperative. Upon entering the fey realm, Xandra is presented with several new challenges and meets a few new friends, one of which is Kallen's almost identical cousin, Kegan.  Not only does she have to deal with the 2 cousins and their fight over her heart, she also gets to work through Kallen's past and the girl who wants Xandra dead for stealing him away.  Along the way, King Dagda's followers start to mutiny against him, thinking their king is a failure for not opening the realms.  Now she gets to add biological father babysitting to her list of things to do.

There are several, and I do mean several parts of this book that had me laughing hard.  I mean funny stuff.  Xandra doesn't know how powerful she is in the fey realm.  Without the pollution and damage the human realm has done to the earth, the fey realm is pure and therefore the magic is stronger.  Xandra does several laugh out loud things that make the story even better. And like the first 2, I couldn't put it down and it was over before I knew it.  Lucky for me the 4th book was waiting...

2 comments:

  1. you should read True of Blood: Kallen's Tale and Blood Prophecy: Kallen's Tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have :) as well as the newest Kallen tale, Blood Lines :)

    ReplyDelete