About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bitterroot Crossing by Tess Oliver

If you know me, then you know I'm always in the mood for a good deal.
Deals on everything from oil changes to groceries and yes, books fall into that category as well.  Enter the $1.99 story of a little town called Bitterroot Crossing.  Yes, I grabbed that up.  I began this book (which I was happy to see was well over 600 pages) not quiet sure what to expect.  I've read the popular Vampire tales, the Werewolf tales, heck, I've even read about witches and warlocks, immortals and Alchemists.  This story however, was different.  It was about GHOSTS.  That was exciting, I hadn't read a book about Ghosts yet.  I began the book and loved it immediately.  A group of ghosts from over a hundred years ago wreak havoc on this little town, its not like your typical poltergeist where you see things move, or something is out of place when you get home, no, these ghosts are right in your face.  You can see them, you can smell them, and you can feel them.  The town has what would be a tornado alarm, just for the days when the ghosts make their way down from their resting place, an alarm to give the residents a heads up so they have a minute to get inside during the weekly ghost party.  Of course there are the main characters of the story a young girl by the name of Jessie and the town hottie Nick.  The kicker here is they are both the descendants of an immediate family member responsible for the ghosts.  Nick being the descendant of the head ghost, Zedikiah, and Jessie being the descendant of the lovely woman who won Zedikiah's heart.  Ghost mayhem, a long lost love story and of course, truth about what really happened all those years ago resulting in the town's current predicament.  I loved this novel and although I am a fan of series the fact that this was a stand alone book was perfect.  It is nice to have closure every few books or so :)  If you read it, let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment