About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P.Mallory



After browsing several online libraries and the Barnes and Noble website, I just couldn't find a series that screamed at me that I hadn't already devoured with my eyes. Upon seeing such frustration, my friend told me about a series that commanded my attention. Now, I had passed by this series by H.P. Mallory a few times. What turned me off was the cartoon cover. It didn't "scream" at me, so I passed by it without looking back. My friend on the other hand, she was adamant about it so I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet, so to speak. "The Jolie Wilkins" series surprised the heck out of me when I was immediately sucked into a remarkable world of witches, vampires, and of course werewolves. Not your run of the mill fantasy novel, this story has mystery, suspense, excitement and of course lust. An average girl discovers she has the gift of magic when a handsome stranger named Rand comes into her magic shop for a reading. Upon this discovery of herself, Jolie is thrown into a whole new world of amazement and terror when a rival witch wishes to lay claim to Jolie and control her gift. With the help of the her human best friend Christie and the handsome Rand, Jolie must learn how to control her gift and decide which is more important, the fate of the supernatural race, or the human life she has left behind. I highly recommend this series to anyone who has a love of the paranormal.




No comments:

Post a Comment