About Me

My photo
Married the Navy and the man who joined in April 2004. We have 3 awesome kids. The Navy keeps us moving, we spent 5 years in Hawaii and are currently doing a 3 year stretch in San Diego, and I can't wait to see where we end up next.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Chosen Soul by Heather Killough-Walden

Okay, so with HKW's "Hell Bent" finished, I eagerly seeked out more novels by this author. This book also $1.00 and also over a thousand pages, I was ecstatic. I quickly bought it (and actually just bought all books with HKW's name on them at that point, lol)and eagerly dived into the story. It grabbed me right away starting out on a stormy night with a woman in the early stages of painful childbirth. During child birth, it is discovered that there is more than one baby, and the second child isn't faring so well. In steps a mysterious stranger walking by in the middle of the night in the middle of the storm. Upon saving the child, he deems her "The chosen soul" and it isn't until (I believe) her 19th year that things start to seem different with her. The ability to call forth demons from the earth , Raven is very different. This book has so much fantasy involved, you forget where you are. Faeries, Devil kings, Light gods, and more, "The Chosen soul" is by far one of my favorite ways to kill time and disappear into another world for a little while and much like "Hell Bent" I eagerly await the sequel to this book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment